Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme Embassy Of India Nepal
The Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme is to provide the scholarships to Nepali students who studies in Grade XI of Nepal. The total number of 2000 scholarships are provided to the Nepalese students of Grade XI of recognized schools or colleges of Nepal.
The eligibility of the Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme are as follows:
- The candidates should be Nepalese citizen.
- The student should be regular student of Grade XI. Should be studying in the registered and recognized school of Nepal.
- The marks of the student in SLC should be above 55% in aggregate if studied in governmental school and should be above 75% if passed from the private schools. These are for the schools located in Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur and for the students studying outside the Kathmandu valley they should have minimum of 50% marks if passed from governmental school and 70% if passed out from the
- The eligibility is also calculated which is related the family income. The family income of the student should be less than Nrs. 1,20,000 per year.
- The age of the students should be between 14-20 years of age.
Amount Of Scholarships:
The selected students will be paid Nrs. 2,000 per moths in the first year. The scholarship will continue in the second year under condition that if a student gets 50% or above marks in Class-XI. The scholarship will be discontinued after the student fails in the examination of get marks less than 50% in Grade XI.
The selection process of Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme is the candidates are short listed from their academic record and performance. Then after the short-listed candidates are called for the interview from phone. The selected candidates are notified from phone and students are request not to call the Embassy of India for this issue.
For Silver Jubilee Scholarship Scheme the notice will be opened in the November and December every year. The notice is published in the local news paper and if you have internet access you can visit official website of Embassy Of India Nepal. The website is www.indianembassy.org.np. Interested candidates should be in touch with the news papers and website of Indian Embassy regularly.
Interested candidates are also requested go through the instructions and fill up and submit the form with the required documents within the listed date.