Election Process in Nepal
If you want to know about election Process in Nepal, this might be the good article for you. Election is the process of choosing a respective and well- deserved candidates for certain post and for certain time duration by casting a vote. In democratic country, public themselves choose their candidates i.e. Public opinion and government is formed only by public in democratic country.
Institutions to conduct election in Nepal
1. The Election Commission- In center
(The Election commission conducts, directs, supervise and control the election in different centers)
2. The Election Officer- In Election constituency
(Election officer appoints the officer in different center to conduct the election after the date of election announced)
3. The Polling officer- In polling center
(These officer are appointed by election officers from civil servants.)
The name list of eligible voters with their name , address, age, father or husband’s name etc. is called electoral roll. To be eligible for vote, you must be a nepali citizens and must attains 18 years of age.
Qualification of the candidate to stand in Election.
1. Candidates must be a Nepali citizens.
2. Candidates must attains 25 years of age .
3. Candidates should not have any police report.
4. Should not be disqualified by any law of Nepal.
5. Should not hold any public postpaid from the state treasure.
Above mentioned description is only the election process, As Nepal is already divided into 7 states, so election in Nepal is conducted as per the state. In 31st Baishakh, election is conducted in 3,4 and 6 no. state and remaining 1, 2 and 5 no. state election is conducted at 31st jestha 2074.