CTEVT-Council for technical education and vocational training.
CTEVT reads as ” The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training. The CTEVT was constituted n 1989 A.D which is 2045 B.S. CTEVT is the policy formulation and co-ordination body for Technical Education and Vocational Training in Nepal. CTECT has the aim to develop the human resources in Nepal. CTEVT was built in order to make the similarity between the different level of education systems available in Nepal. It is the middle level technical education and vocational training. The main aim and responsibilities of CTEVT can be summarized in the following points.
- To provide suggestions and advice to the Government of Nepal about TEVT.
- The scope of TEVT is enlightened.
- Management and organization of the TEVT programs from basic to higher level.
- Play a role of bridge to coordinate with national and international TEVT agencies.
- To Provide the recognition and accreditation services to institutes run by government, non-government and private sectors.
- Provide high quality training with various learning materials.
- Supervision and monitoring of TEVT programs for every field i.e for governmental and non-governmental.
- Do the related research activities in the fields related to TEVT.
- Organize and make arrangements for short-term, mobile and apprenticeship training.
- Increase skilled human resources all over the nation through needy education and skills.
- Provide certificates for the various skill development programs which are organized to develop the human resources.
- Do as much as can to import the international assistance for the development of TEVT.
- To make international and national level contracts for the development of TEVT programs.