Constitution of Nepal: Short Information
In order to governed the state/ country in systematic and in the smooth way constitution is prepared. Constitution of Nepal is the main law of the country and is prepared by constituent assembly.
Constitution of Nepal 2072 was promulgated on 3rd Aswin 2072. Out of 598 CA members, 507 voted in favor of the constitution while25 voted against and 66 others did not take part in election process. It is divided into 35 parts, 308 articles and 9 schedules. It is considered as the successful document for transforming ten years long armed conflict and the spirit of the people’s movement.
1. Provision of Constitution amendment as per the need of the country
2. Guarantee of end of discrimination based on religion, class, gender, caste, language etc.
3. Separation of power , check and balance system adopted
4. Nepal, accepted as a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, multi-religious and mullti-lingual country
5. Gurantee of federalism and democratic republicanism.
6. To maintain sovereignty, freedom, integrity, national unity, independence and dignity of Nepal.
7. To safeguard the fundamental rights of Nepalese citizens
8. To fulfill the aspirations for perpetual peace good governance, development amd prosperity through the medium of feeral democratic republic system governance.
The constitution of Nepal 2072 was formulated in the name of peopleand it accepts republication set-up federalism as fundamental principles withseven providences federal model.
There are some provisions in Constitution of Nepal 2072:-
1. PM doesnot have right to dissolve house of representative.
2. Flexible constitution with minimum amendable provisions.
3. Right to employment, provision for umemployment allowance.